UWE Conference 21st – 24th June 2018 Rome
Overall Program Women in STEM professions: Challenges – Support – Education
How to reach the Cicerone Hotel from the airports:
From Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci airport:
1) Train “Leonardo Express” (€ 14,00) every 30 minutes to Central Station Termini and from there by subway line A towards Lepanto stop (5 minutes walk from the hotel).
2) SITBUS Shuttle (€ 6,00) from Terminal 3 to “Via Crescenzio, 2” stop (5 minutes walk from the hotel).
3) Taxi, approximately € 50,00.
From Ciampino airport:
1) SITBUS Shuttle (€ 6,00) or Terravision (€ 5,00), bus toward Central Station Termini and from there by subway line A (€ 1,50) towards Lepanto stop (5 minutes walk from the hotel).
2) Taxi, approximately € 50,00.
BEWARE: all the following information has like starting point the Cicerone Hotel.
Thursday 21st June 2018 – Conference Registration from 5.00 pm onward at Cicerone Hotel, Via Cicerone, 55/c, 00193 Roma RM, +39 (0)6 3576
07.00 pm: Informal welcome and light dinner(snack & drinks) at Beef Bazaar, Via Germanico, 136, 00192 Roma RM, a modern and lively restaurant where modern Roman like to go. We’ll have a ten minutes guided walk from the Cicerone Hotel to the Beef Bazar
Friday 22nd June 2018 – UWE Conference day. European Parliament – Office in Italy “Spazio Europa” Hall, via Quattro Novembre, 149, 00187 Roma RM
08.00 am: Meeting in front of Cicerone Hotel where a courtesy bus with 51 seats from “Gentili Group” will be waiting for participants in order to reach the Conference Hall.
- If preferred UWE members can arrange by themselves a Taxi to European Parliament – Office in Italy “Spazio Europa” Hall. The cost for a Taxi is about €10,00
09.00 am – 01.15 pm: Introduction of the Conference Theme, keynote speeches
10.45 am – 11.45 am: Coffee break
- 01.15 pm – 02.15 pm: Lunch in Loco at Spazio Europa
02.15 pm – 05.00 pm: Workshops and Round Table
- 08.00 pm: Dinner at Il Giubileo, Via di Porta Cavalleggeri, 145, 00165 Roma RM, a classic Roman restaurant, 15 minutes guided walk from the Cicerone Hotel
Saturday 23rd June 2018 – UWE Annual General Meeting. Valdese Temple, Via Marianna Dionigi, 59, 00193 Roma RM, 5 minutes guided walk from Cicerone Hotel
- 09.00 am – 09.30 am: Registration CERS. *To be able to vote at the AGM either the known CER or a delegate with a proxy from the NFA must present themselves as such at the registration desk on the day of the AGM. Only NFA’s that have paid their due on the 15th of June will be allowed to vote.
- 09.30 am – 11.00 am: Welcome
Edith Lommerse President UWE
Presentation and update Collective Complaint on the Pay Gap
11.00 am -11.20 am: Coffee break
We will also use this as a moment to get more info on the main subjects and themes of NGAs.
11.20 am – 01.20 pm: Sharing reports NFA’s: please use the UWE ppt draft report as we will have a “inspiration Market”.
Presentation Candidates President – Anne Nègre from France
01.20 pm -02.20 pm: lunch – voting at Valdese Temple
02.20 pm -04.00 pm: second formal part AGM
1. Adoption agenda
2. Minutes AGM 2017
3. Jans Gremmée award and UWE award
a. Vice Presidents
b. Financial statement 2017, budget and fee 2019
We propose to keep the same membership fee per capita – 1 eur.
c. Six Year report President Edith Lommerse
5. Memorandum of understanding (draft)
6. Next AGM 2020 – as next year the celebration of 100 years GWI will be celebrated in Geneve
Call for Meet and Greet 2019
7. Result elections
8. Any other business
9. End of meeting Thank you President Edith Lommerse
APPROX 16.30 – intermezzo invitation GWI half hour presentation and sharing ideas 100 years GWI and UWE AGM 2019 -Geneva, Switzerland
Prosecco break for 100 years GWI
08.30 pm: Gala Dinner at Luxury Roof Top one Michelin Star Restaurant, Piazza Barberini, 23, 00187 Roma RM, from Cicerone Hotel to reach the Piazza Barberini you need to take subway line A from Lepanto and after 3 stops get off at Barberini
Sunday 24th June 2018 One day Rome tour (2 options: Colosseum area or Vatican area) TOUR WILL BE ACTIVATED WITH MINIMUM 10 PARTICIPANTS
09.30 am: Meeting at Cicerone Hotel
01.30 pm – 02.00 pm end of the tour
Monday 25th June 2018 Two day Tivoli tour CONFIRMED
- 09.15 am: Meeting at Cicerone Hotel
10.30 am: Arrival in Tivoli and visit to Villa Adriana
01.00 pm: Lunch at the Grand Hotel Duca D’Este
02.30 pm: Visit to Villa Gregoriana
07.30 pm / 08.00 pm: Dinner at the Grand Hotel Duca D’Este
Tuesday 26th June 2018 Two day Tivoli tour
09.30 am: Visit to Villa D’Este
01.30 pm – 3.00 pm: Lunch
03.00 pm: Way back to Rome